So here we are July 27. It's a fine winter's day with a chilly wind. I notice my last post was in April. In the two decades plus a couple of years that I've done this blog I reckon surely that's the longest I've gone without a post. I wonder why is that so? Julius Sumner Miller used to ask that question. People of my vintage would remember him on television.
The older I get the more unanswered questions there seems to be.There probably lies the answer to my absence from posting. I'm baffled. My last post talked about the roller coaster of life. I've been clinging on to the big dipper at Luna Park like I did as a child. I'm so baffled by world events I have become hesitant to write. Not good! While we have "Drill baby drill" on one hand we have record high temperatures and huge bushfires in Europe. And, the war/s.
Lib has been in ill health, the Long COVID so debilitating she has struggled to find any enjoyment at all. Her strength has been tested. Symptoms have escalated to include severe itchy rash, constant enough to test mental endurance. Cortisone treatment creams weakened the skin to paper thin causing skin splitting and bleeding. Super strong anti histamine prescribed after others failed alleviates but causes dizziness and exacerbates the L COVID brain fog, fatigue and headaches. She's now doing a Bio injection thing. She had a malignant melanoma removed from her foot a few weeks ago and has another session booked this coming Thursday to excise more tissue around the site to make sure they've stopped the the risk of spread. I can imagine the following days with a very painful foot. The medical profession - doctors and specialists - seem to be as baffled as me while exuding confidence in treatments that do not resolve the issue.
The good news - mother Elvie has moved into a single room at Salisbury House and is bearing up well nearing her ninety eighth birthday, according to Meredith she's uncomplaining and making the most of her situation despite losing her friend Mary who was in her eighties and looked to help her at every chance. Mary was eighty-two but took ill and died a few weeks ago. Brother Jod is making a good fist of his new life in his village at Beaconsfield. His old cat survives and keeps him company and he has a visiting stray he feeds that he will welcome inside when the old one passes. He has made good friends with his neighbours and they exchange parsley and such from their small gardens. Meredith says she thinks he's relishing his unexpected new life and is probably as happy as he's ever been, after a tumultuous life really.
I'm feeling fit and well, despite some arthritis in my left foot which is manageable without seeking medical assistance and drugs. I have lost more than 10kgs over the last couple of years, mostly muscle mass I think as my strength has diminished, but also some body fat. I'm quite thin now. Time waits for no man. I'm still active and walking around and planting trees. Lately on my solo work it's been red gums, manna gums, even a few messmates and maleleucas propagated by our River Group. Also I've continued my weeding program with considerable success and satisfaction. This satisfaction and sense of purpose is my escape from my bafflement, as is the home garden.
I had to break the ice and get back to posting here. I have found over the years that writing down stuff helps to deal with the hard and accentuate the good. All best to my friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment